Have you ever wondered if you are obsessed with Netcat? If so, take the following test to either assuage or confirm your concern. If you score more
than 100 points, you have a Netcat obsession.
1) Have you ever used Netcat to implement a:
- Command shell backdoor Yes, 1 point
- Web browser Yes, 3 points
- DNS server Yes, 10 points
- Lotus Notes client Yes, 40 points
- Lotus Notes server Yes, 60 points
2) Have you ever altered the Netcat source to add one more command-line flag that you just had to have?
Yes 20 points
3) What is the longest chain of Netcat relays (port redirectors) you've created?
- 1-2 relay 1 point
- 3-5 relays 3 points
- 6-10 relays 5 points
- Can't count that high 10 points
4) Have you given up using the hopelessly lame FTP and now use Netcat (or better yet, Cryptcat) for all file transfers between the systems you own?
Yes 10 points
5) Have you ever:
- Given one of your children the middle name "Hobbit"
- Given one of your children the first name "Hobbit"
- Given one of your children the first name and middle name "Hobbit Weld"